Pool Party Guidelines
Updated July 2021
The Olney Mill Swim Club offers the use of the pool to members for parties on a limited basis. In order for management to provide adequate staffing for your safety and comfort, please follow these guidelines.
- All parties must be booked through the web site. Use the Party Rental Request form to submit your request.
- The rental fee is for the total number of persons attending the party, whether pool members or not. In addition to the rental fee, each non-member is $5.00
- Parties must be booked at least 1 week in advance.
- All parties must have a prior reservation and are booked on a first-come first-served basis. Parties are not to exceed 30 persons total (whether swimming or not). All parties must end, and be cleaned up by 8:45pm.
- The guard staff and manager do not do party "set-up or clean-up." Failure to clean up after your party will result in an additional fee.
- Parties of 21-30 persons may require an additional guard be present on the day during your event.
- Private parties shall be limited to 4 hours, including set up and clean up.
- During your party the amount of tables reserved for you in the pavilion will depend on the number of people you will be having. Two tables (tier 1); three tables (tier 2); and four tables (tier 3).
- All eating and drinking is limited to the pavilion area. Please bring trash bags and remove all trash generated by your party. Please do not bring any glass bottles or containers into the club.
- Guards may ask your party to perform a pre-swim trial to allow entry into the deep areas.
- Activities and games may be played on the grassy area, however, not in the water. No large balls or flotation devices. No confetti. No water balloons.
- Music is allowed, at a reasonable decibel level.
- Only a pool member in good standing may host a pool party. Parties should be scheduled at least one week in advance. Fill out and submit a Party Request form to request your party date and rain date. Once your date is approved, a security deposit of $35 is due, payable online or in-person at the pool.
- Party rental fees and guest fees for non-members can be paid in advance or on the day at the front desk, accompanied by a list of attendees. Payment can be made by member check or credit card, no cash will be accepted by the front desk. Additional expenses incurred by your party must be paid for by at the end of the party at the front desk. Once scheduled a request to cancel must be made within 48 hours or your security deposit will be forfeited
- You must provide the front desk attendant with a list of your party guests. The front desk attendant will admit your guests when they arrive, so it is important that their names are listed. If additional guests are brought without prior notice or the number of guests puts your party into the next rental tier, additional fees will be assessed.
- All pool rules and regulations must be adhered to by your guests and members alike. The staff may want to address your party before they begin swimming. Please check with the guard on duty.
- All non-member guests, including non-swimmers, will require a $5.00 per person guest fee. Children 2 years old and under will not be charged a guest fee.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted during private parties.
Enjoy and be safe!